Saturday 18 September 2010

THANKS BE TO GOD

I post this video because, as I watched Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, together, I felt a kind of joy that things have changed so very much. This blog is dedicated to a Martyred Welsh Jesuit Priest, St David Lewis. I have also written about many other Catholic priests who were put to death simply for being Catholic priests and for celebrating Mass. This video, and the above photograph, are a joy to behold. They illustrate just what God's grace can do if we allow it to work in us. Our beloved Queen and our beloved Pontiff! Isn't it wonderful to see them together in friendship? I think St David Lewis would be very pleased. May God bless our Queen and our Pope!

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get the perspective of a citizen of the UK on this momentous occasion! I am amazed at the Pope's strength and courage just after a plot to kill him was discovered. He looks so happy and peaceful in these pictures. Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah Harkins
    Thank you for your visit and your comment. He is, in my opinion, a wonderful man. Just yesterday, my husband & I were saying that the Pope must have enormous strength and courage to carry on with such a heavy schedule and amid such threats and dangers. May God protect and bless him.
    God bless you too Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello BRYN
    It is nice to hear from you. Thank you for your comment. Like you, MY HEART IS DANCING, TOO.
    God bless you, BRYN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that, many of the forty martyrs ,said even at the point of execution how they were loyal to the Crown and the Church in their proper spheres. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi diddleymaz

    Indeed they were loyal to the Crown in all things temporal. However, they were also loyal to the Old Faith and for this they laid down their lives. What an example to all of us!

    Thanks for visiting and for your comment. I hope you will visit often.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne d' Arc would be turning in her grave - if she had one - just kidding! Good to see a giant step towards reconciliation. To bad it could not have happened sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brother

    Great to hear from you. I am sorry it has taken so long to reply to your comment. I had 'comment moderation' activated for the little Book Giveaway I was running and I was terrified to do anything with the comments in case I accidently showed the private details that my blogger friends had entrusted to me. I guess that is proof positive that I am still in the infancy stage when it comes to computers!

    You are right - it is a pity that reconciliation didn't come sooner. However, the Good Lord knows what He is doing, even if we don't.

    I hope you will look in again. Thanks and God bless you, Brother.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails